Monday, April 8, 2013

Lessons Learned on Vacation

We are back from a four night cruise, and we had such an amazing relaxing time! I had been counting down the days forever it seems and I was not disappointed. It seems however, that as great and relaxing it was, it was quite the learning experience. A few things I learned on vacation...



1. When the HoH goes on vacation mode, he goes on "VACATION Mode."
2. Vacation mode translates to me as ignoring behaviors and equals frustration
3. Vacation mode for my HoH only lasted several hours before he snapped back into reality when his wife was about to go off the edge
4. When the HoH comes back to reality, he brings a hairbrush
5. Reminders usually keep me from punishment and THAT is a GOOD thing.
6. Reminder spankings HURT.
7. My HoH is a Spanko. No question. I got reminders, playful spankings, swats....(thankfully no punishments!) did I mention swats? ALOT of them
8. When children are not around there are a plethora of opportunities for swats to be administered. (thankfully we weren't in our room more!) ;)
9. My HoH thinks bossiness, sarcasm, bluntness, and cheekiness are all cause for swats. I seriously think some were serious stretches to the disrespect line (see line 7-- my HoH is a spanko)
9. Vacations bring out my sassy playful side. My HoH is getting really good at keeping my playful side in line--still leaving room for me to be playful, but not letting me get so far as to enter into bratting (this is a super fine line we have been working hard on!)
10. Vacations are wonderful times to check in, reconnect, and enjoy each other.

I was a little concerned with this being our first real just the two of us vacation since starting dd...I wasn't sure what to expect and I think he was worried about not meeting my expectations.

All in all we had a GREAT 4 nights. After the first half day (which was a little rough for me) SC hit a major stride in HoH-iness and while I unsuccessfully tried to convince him that it should be a SPANK-FREE vacation, I guess I should be thankful his reminders and swats kept me from having a punishment free vacation.

Can't wait to do it again!

12 comments:

  1. I think this is really kinda funny. When I read your list, I kept thinking to myself----why isn't cole on her vest behavior to avoid these spankings!??? Crazy girl.

    Then I realized I would probably be the same way since I tend to go on sensory overload and get super feisty. LOL

    glad you had a great time!
    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryanne, lol I think that WAS my best behavior! ROFL I have a pretty crazy personality so that was pretty great for me! ;)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I think I like #10 the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cruise sounds like so much fun! I could really go for one of those right about now...

    It's great to hear it was a punishment free vacation, even if there was a reminder spanking here and there. :)

    Glad you guys had a great time!

    -- Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so much fun! And yeah, I will take a reminder or two over a punishment any day! :)

      Delete
  4. Still in vacation mode ... 8, 9, 9, 10?

    I'm glad you had a punishment free vacation. With a husband who is a spanko I don't know how you thought it would be completely spank free ;)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL can't believe I didn't catch that...I think I will leave it for the "yes I am still on vacation mode" factor! Lol I didn't ACTUALLY think it would be spank free...I just thought it didn't hurt to try ...;)

      Delete
  5. Lol, aw glad you had so much fun, and i'm glad it was punishment free!

    Very cute list. For some reason I caught myself reading the first half in that annoying voice from those insurance commercials. The one's where the guy calls himself mayhem - hopefully you know what i'm talking about, because I can't think of any other ways to describe it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I have NO idea what you are talking about but I thoroughly tried to think of it! Lol ;)

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful vacation

    ReplyDelete