We are back from a four night cruise, and we had such an amazing relaxing time! I had been counting down the days forever it seems and I was not disappointed. It seems however, that as great and relaxing it was, it was quite the learning experience. A few things I learned on vacation...
1. When the HoH goes on vacation mode, he goes on "VACATION Mode."
2. Vacation mode translates to me as ignoring behaviors and equals frustration
3. Vacation mode for my HoH only lasted several hours before he snapped back into reality when his wife was about to go off the edge
4. When the HoH comes back to reality, he brings a hairbrush
5. Reminders usually keep me from punishment and THAT is a GOOD thing.
6. Reminder spankings HURT.
7. My HoH is a Spanko. No question. I got reminders, playful spankings, swats....(thankfully no punishments!) did I mention swats? ALOT of them
8. When children are not around there are a plethora of opportunities for swats to be administered. (thankfully we weren't in our room more!) ;)
9. My HoH thinks bossiness, sarcasm, bluntness, and cheekiness are all cause for swats. I seriously think some were serious stretches to the disrespect line (see line 7-- my HoH is a spanko)
9. Vacations bring out my sassy playful side. My HoH is getting really good at keeping my playful side in line--still leaving room for me to be playful, but not letting me get so far as to enter into bratting (this is a super fine line we have been working hard on!)
10. Vacations are wonderful times to check in, reconnect, and enjoy each other.
I was a little concerned with this being our first real just the two of us vacation since starting dd...I wasn't sure what to expect and I think he was worried about not meeting my expectations.
All in all we had a GREAT 4 nights. After the first half day (which was a little rough for me) SC hit a major stride in HoH-iness and while I unsuccessfully tried to convince him that it should be a SPANK-FREE vacation, I guess I should be thankful his reminders and swats kept me from having a punishment free vacation.
Can't wait to do it again!