Thursday, February 28, 2013

Procrastination and Girl Scout Cookies . . .

I got one of those dreaded emails yesterday. You know the you didn't do this like you were supposed to emails? ACK I was so frustrated with myself. My HoH has been extremely patient with me, as we have had a few months of utter craziness-- family emergencies, relatives visiting, even a death in the family and some out of the usual work situations. I love spontaneous but even I am ready for some structure and routine! 

Procrastination is something I struggle with anyway, let alone in the midst of life's chaos the last few months. My HoH reminded me several times about a few things, one that was urgent for his work that he needed me to do. He gave me a deadline of noon yesterday. At about 1:30 I got an email: "I don't have it." UGH! I totally forgot! Honestly, even if I would have remembered I could not have gotten to it that morning with all the other things I had to do, but I never told him that. I should have. I knew I would not be able to do it by the deadline, but I never communicated that to him. I did get it done yesterday afternoon...just a little too late. As soon as SC called it direct disobedience I knew it was going to be a rough night. 

So, what do Girl Scout cookies have to do with this? Seriously, being spanked for Girl Scout Cookies? 


So frustrating! Someone asked me to buy them some Girl Scout cookies because they didn't have cash on them. I jumped out of the car to help them out and while there decided to buy a few boxes for us. No big deal right? EXCEPT when you are on a spending freeze! I realized what I was doing as I was handing over the money. OOPS. It was a total accident! 

We have been practicing dd for about 7 months now, and this is the first time I have been spanked for an accident. My HoH was right in saying a rule is a rule. And I have gotten extremely lax in finances the last few weeks, and SC assured me when my family left town we would be back to hard core budgeting. I knew this, I totally just slipped. Being spanked for Girl Scout cookies is just wrong! 

I felt sorry as soon as it happened. I texted my HoH to let him know what I had done. I really was trying. 

Last night was pretty emotional. More emotional than usual. SC of course noticed the difference in me and spent a lot of time holding me and rubbing my back afterwards. I don't really know why. SC has stepped it up some as far as punishments, and I really was super repentant before the punishment began . . . it could have been a combination of any number of reasons.  

Physically, I am always amazed how something that hurts so badly in the moment is barely there just a while later. I mean really, that horrible wooden paddle makes me feel like I am on fire! 

Something tells me those Girl Scout cookies won't taste as good . . . But hey, I won't procrastinate eating them! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment