Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Anyone have difficulty picking out a Valentine's day card for their spouse? I am the worst! I will stand there FOREVER picking out just the right card. Today, however, was the first time buying a Valentine's Day card for my husband since we started dd. I was at the store this morning trying to pick a card and I just stood there giggling. Every saying took on new meaning with a dd filter.

One card talked about "Mr. Fix It, I love how you use your tools." BAHAHAHA, which tools? The big paddle? The square paddle? The cane? The hairbrush? Oh wait, that's not what they were talking about???

My favorite was this one:

"I'm so glad you're my husband
Whenever life's frustrations start to overwhelm my day,
I think of you
and find the stress beings to melt away . . .
your warm, uplifting spirit
brings a calmness to my life,
Reminding me how fortunate I am to be your wife."

Well, when I read it my mind made some immediate edits: (my edits in bold)


"I'm so glad you're my husband, and have taken me in hand...
Whenever life's frustrations start to overwhelm my day,
I think of you and that awful paddle
and find the stress beings to melt away . . . and if it doesn't
your warm, uplifting spirit, and a paddle or two
brings a calmness to my life, and a red sore bottom
Reminding me how fortunate I am to be your wife." 
(original text from Forget Me Not by American Greetings)


So, yeah, totally bought that card (and made the edits!) for my HoH! Even Valentines day is just a little different in a domestic discipline relationship! How about you? Do you find days like today different than your life before dd? Do you find references all around you that leave you giggling in the store aisles?




2 comments:

  1. LOL, I love your changes. H and I were writing a parody to a song yesterday in the car. It's so much fun changing things to make them mean more.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Callie, thanks! Definitely more fun. Dd becomes a filter in which we start seeing, hearing, and processing everything just a little differently. It makes for some funny and sometimes awkward moments. (Like giggling along in the store aisle!) ;)
      So, what song was it? :)

      Delete